*This post may contain affiliate links. You can read our affiliate disclaimer here.
Self-care is all about making small and purposeful efforts to make you feel better.
Self-care is important if you want to live a life that’s productive, fulfilling, and that you feel good about.
Call it what you like but self-care is basically just taking care of yourself, making yourself a priority and making yourself feel good.
We often get sucked into the busy aspects of life. School, work, families, and living up to expectations that we forget ourselves. Self-care is basically things you do and at that moment remember yourself and actually feel better about life.
Self-care can be applied to every area of your wellbeing, whether it’s physical, mental, spiritual, work-wise, social, everything.
Having a self-care routine is a must for everyone but calling it a routine seems like something that will disrupt your daily routine and therefore waste your time, self-care can be as simple as a 3-minute reflection while taking your morning coffee, it doesn’t have to be tasking, and it’s all something you can do without even thinking. Remember, self-care is to make you feel better and make life easier for you.
70 Best Self-Care Tips – How to Take Better Care of Yourself
- Sleep early
- Wake up early
- Eat something healthy
- Clean up
- Call a loved one
- Take a shower: a cold shower preferably to ease your muscles, reduce tension and take off your stress
- Take a walk: walking is my number one self-care, when I am stressed, anxious, anything, walking helps me, and apparently, it gets your blood flowing to your brain and other parts of your body so it’s really good for your mental health and calms you down
- Make a gratitude list of things you’re grateful for, they are millions but all you need to think of is 2-5 and you’ll feel a lot better
- Breath: sure you breathe every second but do it intentionally, feel the air go into your lungs and out, being mindful at it makes it feel a lot better and calms your body down
- Sleep: this should be everyone’s favorite, taking daily naps is something we should all be doing but since work times and life doesn’t allow that, anytime you can, even if it’s just for 20 minutes it helps feel better it eases midday headaches too
- Swim: swimming is a great de-stressor, the calming, cooling effect of water is a great way to cool off after a stressful day.
- Meditate: meditation is a really great tool, you can feel better instantly, you can increase your confidence instantly, and you can do whatever. When you meditate you detach from everything around you making you think of your life and getting everything in focus again
- Watch TV: when you are in a rut, a great way to unwind is to watch TV. Dim the lights, get popcorn and take the mind of your life for a few hours.
- Listen to a song: a lot of people listen to music when they are stressed, since music expressed emotion, finding the right song and just thinking of the lyrics will do the trick
- Talk to a friend: whatever state you are in, there are a lot of things you can do to make it feel better, and one of those is taking that burden off your chest, get someone you trust and have a conversation, even if you don’t find the solution, getting heard and listened to is all it takes to feel good, to feel that you matter
- Call people: there are times when overthinking and everything in life gets into my head that I forget the people around me, it happens to all of us. In the strive to make things better, i put reminders and call the important people in my life, even if it’s just to say hi.
- Look at the stars: looking at the starts is a form of reflection for a lot of people, wondering what makes the universe, appreciating its beauty, is all it might take for you to see the good in the world again
- DE-clutter: DE cluttering and organizing your space does a lot of good for your mind and mental health, unless you have a clear head you won’t think clearly and the state of your surroundings reflect the state in your head when you DE clutter you remove a lot of stressful thoughts from your head.
- Dress up: dress up in something you really like, something you look good in, you don’t even have to go out, naturally, when we think we look good, we automatically feel good and look good.
- Get a massage: getting a hot massage will reduce the tension in your joints and that pain-causing you more stress will all disappear
- Write a letter to your younger self: writing a letter to your younger self telling her of what you’ve achieved so far is a way of reminding yourself of all the progress you’ve made that you have forgotten about just because there’s so much that needs to be done
- Write a letter to your older self: Writing a letter to your older self u=in a timeframe that you believe all your goals have been achieved, write in terms of the hardship you’re currently facing and how you’ll be thankful for it at that area
- Stretch: stretching will make feel a lot better and releases body stress
- Go for a long drive: I love the feeling of the cold air brushing against my face especially when it’s a night drive, breathing into that makes me think a lot and it helps me clear all the thought I have
- Unfollow people on social media: social media is a toxic place and anyone that does not inspire you or makes you compare your life to them does not deserve your attention, clear out anyone you’re following and block any haters or internet trolls
- Do yoga: one of the never-ending benefits of yoga is relieving stress, helping you gain clarity and making you feel good about your self
- Wake up earlier: waking up earlier is the best way to get a lot of things done or to reflect on life. It’s a quiet time that you’re left with only you and your thoughts
- do a facemask: facemasks are so satisfying and well, you get really good looking skin
- Clear out old makeup, clearing out old make u is first of all great for skincare, you realize how much you don’t need and you not needing a lot of makeup is great for your self-esteem
- Go on a splurge: spend some money on something, you deserve it
- Treat yourself to a fancy dinner: go on a date by yourself, for yourself, having a night with just you and your thought makes you realize how important you are and you get to meet yourself
- Scream: get a pillow, or don’t, scream to release all those bottles up frustrations
- Watch the sunrise and sunset: watching things that are beyond our power, seeing something as beautiful as the sunrise or sunset connects you with your spiritual side and makes you see the beauty that is beyond you
- Go to an orphanage: seeing people with less than you have will make you appreciate all you do and make you realize you dint need to have it all
- Buy yourself flowers
- Do your hair, try a new hair cut
- Say no to something
- Buy something new
- Reassess your priorities: maybe you’ve been giving too much attention to something that isn’t really as important
- Drink water
- Write compliments to yourself
- Scrub your to-do list of all the things you’ve been procrastinating on
- Practice mindfulness while eating, while thinking, while putting on your clothes, try not to do a few things on autopilot
- Unplug from everything you’re doing, just lie in bed and don’t think about anything, unless its funny memories that’ll make you smile
- Do something out of your comfort zone even if it’s little. Honestly taking risks is addictive, once you start you’ll be unstoppable
- Take a self-inventory to access all the areas of your life you have improved and some you should
- Practice a new skill, when you change things up you might get your MOJO back and actually go back to work
- Bask in the sun
- Inhale a scent of perfume, flowers or just fresh air
- Notice beauty in the sky, flowers, streets, people
- Give compliments to strangers or people around you
- Help someone with groceries, a small house chore or with homework
- Write and release all the feelings bottled up inside you
- Stroke a pet even if it’s not yours, all it may take is attention from a pet to make you feel you matter again
- Make small talk with a stranger and make them feel special
- Have a pamper day: do a spa day at home, treat yourself to old movies and junk food
- Play a video game: gaining victory in another realm is enough to make you feel you can conquer the world and achieve your goals
- Take a long shower
- Do a Social media detox to block for a day or a week
- Reduce your daily tasks to only things you absolutely need to do
- Create a photo album of all your best memories
- Do something spontaneous
- Take photographs
- write a bucket list
- Pray for everything you want
- Attend religious functions
- Tell someone you love them
- Hug someone hugging people makes us feel better, connects us with people and releases stress
- Send this post to someone: someone could need this post right now to get out of a rut and all you need to do is press the share button.
More Self-care resources:
Please Save this post to Pinterest
You’re Beautiful, I love you.