*This post may contain affiliate links. You can read our affiliate disclaimer here.
Journaling using journaling prompts has been applauded for its ability to help people reach their goals, clear their heads, heal from trauma and act like a mental cleanse, cleaning the junk from our minds.
Prompts are questions that help you see things about you that you are too close to see. And while they may not seem that important to you, they are the most important part of yourself because they form your beliefs and mindset.
That’s how you react and respond to life and how you are wired.
That’s what made you the person you are today.
Whether you’re successful or not.
If you want to change any of that then you need to address the answers you’ll write down in your journal.
There more than thousands of prompts out there, listed below are 45 from 15 of the most impactful areas in your life, 3 each. Find a quiet place for an hour or so and think deeply about these questions then write them in a journal.
45 Best Journaling Prompts You Will Ever Use For Self-discovery
- Who are you?
- What do you like & dislike?
- Who and what do you want to be?
- Do you believe in mental health issues i.e. depression, anxiety and such
- Do you have any of these things? Which one?
- What do you believe triggers them?
- What do you feel when you think about your body
- Are they true or you just believe what toxic people tell you?
- Who or what experience in your life contributed to it
- What do you think about relationships in general?
- Which relationships do you hold most dear to me
- Which relationships are you neglecting but are very important to you?
- Is money evil, in any way good or bad?
- Do you think your life will change when you get a certain amount of money?
- Do you think your belief in it has caused the amount of money in your account now?
- Are you close to your family members? Why?
- Do you really believe family over friends?
- Which family relationship needs fixing and the results it will yield
- Do you love you?
- What does love mean to you?
- What is your love language?
- What do you want to be/do in the future? Dream career?
- What are you doing now?
- What changes can you make to your career that will take you where you want to go
- How many friends do you have?
- How many of these friends do you completely trust?
- Which of your friendships are still around only for memories’ sake?
- What phobias do you have?
- What are you scared will happen if I go after my goals?
- Have you ever been scared in your life but survived it? What did you do?
- What does beauty mean to you?
- Do you think you are beautiful? What are your best 3 qualities?
- What do you recognize in people that makes them beautiful?
- Do you believe skincare products improve/worsen my skin or they are just for fun?
- What is your skincare routine?
- What skincare products do you need to use more often?
- What’s your dream life? Describe it?
- What are you doing now that will cause your dream life to come true?
- What are you not doing that will cause your dream life to come true
- What is the one reason you procrastinate?
- What do you do during your procrastination?
- You procrastinate out of fear. What are 3 things you fear in going after your goals?
- What do think of your beliefs?
- Do any of the above beliefs reflect in your life now?
- Which result are you not satisfied with that starts from changing your belief about it?
On a Final Note:
The next step is to look at your answers and visualize the person. Is that who you think you are? Is that who you want to be? If not, find the weak spots and work on them.
If you’ve found this helpful, please share this article or PIN IT to Pinterest!