*This post may contain affiliate links. You can read our affiliate disclaimer here.
Confidence describes a person’s overall sense of self-worth or personal value. In simple terms, it is how much you appreciate yourself.
Having low self-confidence can cause you to feel depressed, lose the will to do anything, cause you to make bad decisions, decrease your self-confidence and let you slip into toxic relationships.
Self-esteem is how much you feel you are worthy of things in life, whether it’s due to your weight, your skin or any other insecurities you may have.
Self-confidence is believing in yourself, believing that despite everything, you are capable of doing what you want.
Read: How to overcome insecurities
The best way to appreciate yourself is to remind yourself of who you are and thank yourself for it. Which is where affirmations come in to play.
Why you have low Confidence
Have you ever wanted to do something and a little voice in your head said you couldn’t do it? And you believed it.
There’s that negative part of your brain that you’ve always known existed and it’s a part of you, so what it is telling you is true right?
The little voice is your subconscious and those words it speaks are a repetition of what it has heard over the years.
Imagine you had a parrot, a talking parrot. You greet it every day and over the years, with ‘hello’ and it starts repeating them to you.
But then one day you decide to start singing to it every day instead of for a few months or years, it will eventually realize that the good morning part is no longer relevant and sing back to you right?
But it will not stop immediately because ‘hello’ is all it knew for years.
That’s how your subconscious is, when you were little you have been criticized for a lot of things, you’ve been told what to do and what not to do and your subconscious brain believed it, now that you’ve grown that voice is still at work.
And just like the parrot, you can decide to do something about it.
How to increase your Confidence
The remedy to stopping that negative voice in you causing you low Confidence is by using affirmations.
Affirmations are positive phrases you say repeatedly to make your subconscious adopt it which will fuel your positivity, increase your confidence and self-esteem.
Affirmations help you replace the negative thoughts in your head with positive ones and I have compiled a list of 50 affirmations you can start with.
How to use affirmations to increase your Confidence
To use these affirmations, you’re going to read through them and whichever feels good to you, write it down in a journal or a piece of paper so you won’t forget.
You’ll be doing this daily. And no, it’s not much work.
You’ll choose about 6-12 affirmations in two categories just so you won’t get so used to the same thing that it becomes routine and would not work anymore.
You’ll then have to mindfully make the decision that you are going to say your affirmations. When you do, take a deep breath, say it out loud, visualize the feeling of self-worth, and imagine you are doing something bold, something you’ve always shied away from because you thought you don’t have self-confidence.
Do it when you wake up or when you’re about to go to sleep for better results.
When you hear it, see it, and feel it. In a short period of time, you’ll start believing it and your life, your perspective on your life will change and you’ll be unstoppable.
50 Daily Affirmations that will improve Your Confidence
- I am (your name)
- I love and accept myself for who I am
- I am loved and respected wherever I go
- I am unique in my talents and I do not need validation from others
- I deserve all that is good
- I am grateful for all the wonderful things in my life
- I am full of positive thoughts which eventually manifest into my life experience
- I am not a prisoner of my past and live in the moment
- I enjoy life to the fullest
- I am not a tree, when I’m in situations I don’t like, i change them
- I am responsible for making every decision in my life
- I am open to new ideas and are flexible in my decisions
- Every living moment is a choice and I choose to be happy every time
- I am optimistic and everything that happens pushes me closer to my success
- I attract positive people into my life
- I am in full control of my life and no one holds the power to make my decisions except myself
- My mistakes are stepping stones that lead me to the right way of success i am growing and I love the person I am becoming
- I have great ideas, and I make useful contributions to make things better
- I have everything I need to succeed
- I deserve all the happiness in life
- I forgive others easily to free myself
- The only approval I need is from myself
- I am good enough
- I am strong
- I am beautiful
- My life is both beautiful and rewarding
- I have been blessed with health, happiness, joy, and abundance by the universe
- I appreciate the things I have. I rejoice in the love I receive.
- I am confident that I would be successful. It has been written in the stars.
- I am in full control of my life and I am at peace with myself
- I am an inspiration to others
- I am open-minded and ready to meet people and make new relationships
- My mistakes are a stepping stone to success.
- My growth is a continuous process
- I believe in my skills and abilities
- I have great ideas and always make meaningful contributions
- I have or will get all the useful information I need to succeed
- I love and accept myself for who I am
- I radiate love and respect and in return, I get love and respect.
- My healthy self-esteem allows me to achieve anything I set my mind to do
- I accept compliment easily and also give others compliments
- I accept others for who they are, and they accept me for who I am
- I deserve all the good that is coming my way
- I am never alone. The universe supports me every step of the way
- The door of opportunities is always open to me
- I surround myself with people who make me want to be a better person.
- I let go of negative thoughts and feelings about myself.
- I love who I am becoming.
- I am always growing and developing.
- My opinions resonate with who I am.
On A Final Note:
I hope this helps you increase your confidence over time, but most importantly you have to know the cause of those feelings of low self-worth, self-esteem, and confidence. When you do, it’ll be easier to fix it.
Affirmations have to be repeated at least on a daily basis and these are not the only things that will increase your self-confidence.
Please PIN this to a board on Pinterest on Self-esteem or Confidence
How To Overcome Social Anxiety About Your Acne
How to Be Confident: 6 Best Tips To Transform Your Confidence
How to Boost Your Self Esteem and Become More Confident
27 worst things about your body you should never be ashamed of
How To Love The Way You Look: Overcome Your Physical Insecurities To Feel Beautiful
You’re Beautiful, I love you!
Leave a Reply