*This post may contain affiliate links. You can read our affiliate disclaimer here.
We all have those days where nothing seems to go right and we feel like we just can’t catch a break.
It’s very tempting to just lay on our beds glued to the Tv, but it’s important to remember that on days like this, taking care of ourselves is crucial, maybe even more than usual.
That’s why I’ve put together a list of 25 self-care ideas for bad days. These ideas are meant to help you relax, recharge, and refocus so that you can tackle whatever comes your way.
- Take a warm bath – Soak in the tub with some bubbles or your favorite bath bomb and just let yourself unwind.
- Watch your favorite movie or TV show – Sometimes a good distraction is all it takes to feel better.
- Go for a walk – A change of scenery can help clear your head and improve your mood.
- Listen to calming music – Whether it’s classical or your favorite chill playlist, music can have a powerful effect on your emotions.
- Write in a journal – Get your thoughts out on paper and reflect on what’s been bothering you.
- Practice meditation or deep breathing – This can help you relax and refocus.
- Take a nap – Sometimes a quick power nap can do wonders for your energy levels.
- Make yourself a cup of tea or coffee – Sometimes a warm drink can be really comforting.
- Do some gentle yoga or stretching – Moving your body can help release tension.
- Watch a funny movie or TV show – Laughter is the best medicine, after all.
- Treat yourself to a favorite snack or meal – Sometimes indulging a little can be a big mood lifter.
- Call or text a friend – Talking to someone who cares about you can be really helpful.
- Read a book – Escape into a good book and forget about your worries for a while.
- Practice mindful breathing or meditation – Focusing on your breath can help calm your mind
- Take a break from social media or technology
- Spend time in nature by going a picnic or going for a hike
- Treat yourself to a spa day or at-home facial
- Take a break from work or school if possible
- Do something creative, like painting or drawing
- Declutter your space or do some organizing
- Write down your goals and aspirations so you can something better to look forward to
- Practice positive affirmations or mantras
- Connect with someone you love or who makes you happy in person instead of online
- Take a bubble bath or light some scented candles
- Watch a sunset or stargaze
- Treat yourself to something you’ve been wanting for a while
- Confront the feelings you are having by feeling them, figuring out what caused them and think what you can do to solve it.
I hope some of these ideas help you feel better on bad days. Remember, it’s okay to take some time for yourself and prioritize self-care.